What is data-driven marketing?
Data-driven marketing is a working methodology that involves marketers trying to base their decisions on data and facts. It may sound both logical and simple, but it involves very big practical and strategic changes.
Traditionally, marketing has mostly been about shouting out messages and values aimed at mass markets, where whoever shouts the loudest wins. Often all consumers are seen as equal, as adapting the message to different audiences takes time and costs money. Marketing on physical channels alone has made it difficult to know what impact marketing is actually having as it is difficult to measure, and therefore difficult to set reasonable targets for what you want to achieve. Today, however, you can know pretty accurately what works and what doesn't - as long as you have targets to measure, not least digitally.
Data-driven marketing is the strategy for using customer information to optimise and increase the relevance of communications, and to make decisions based on facts and data, not just gut instinct.
To achieve this, campaigns are now being broken down into more and smaller parts and more time and energy is spent on initial testing and measurement, such as A/B testing. With a focus on testing and data, this can mean that a campaign headline that used to have one or a few variants can now have hundreds of different variants and designs based on everything from the channel the message is being delivered, the target audience, the time of day, etc.
Working with data-driven marketing and growth-focused is today among the best ways to create effective marketing with high ROI. The working methodology often leads the marketing organisation to start working more Agile, e.g. in sprints to be able to handle rapid changes and reprioritisations.
We are introducing data-driven working methods in marketing and sales.
- We conduct training in data-driven and agile marketing methodology
- We project manage and coach the transition to data-driven and agile working methodologies and marketing and sales teams.
- We'll make sure you have the right systems in place for data-driven marketing and for managing your marketing data.
- We identify, document and develop your processes in order to digitise and automate them.
- We safeguard your data and information, both in volume and quality.
- Contact us and we will tell you more!